The wall Opensky is an attractive, economical low profile louvred ventilator which has been specifically designed for both smoke and heat exhaust and natural ventilation applications (SHEV). The system offers effective fire safety with units tested for use as smoke ventilators to BS EN 12101-2
- High efficiency - aerodynamically tested to BS EN 12101-2:2003
- Weatherproof - its resistance to air leakage and rainwater is tested to BS 5368 and BS 6375
- Reliability - life cycle tested to class RE1000 under BS EN 12101-2: 2003
- Durability - tested to withstand wind loads of class WL1500 and snow loads of up to class SL500 under BS EN 12101-2:2003
- Controls - a wide range of control options are available
- Installation - can be fitted into any roof or glazed construction
The Wall Opensky is suitable for installation into any wall or glazed construction. It can be fixed directly into the wall fabric or supplied with either of the following optional extras. Closure flashings can also be provided allowing for a neat finish to wall openings.
Glazing Adapters - To seamlessly fit into glazing systems.
Rear Fixing Flange - For mounting external onto the wall.
Front Fixing Flange - For mounting the vent flush with the wall.
The wall Opensky can be supplied with both insulated louvre blades and an insulated body to assist in ensuring the building is adequately insulated. Also the Opensky can be manufactured with polycarbonate blades. Translucent polycarbonate louvre blades provide excellent daylighting using a durable UV stabilised material. When closed it can provide an average diffused light transmission in excess of 80%, enabling savings on artificial lighting. Pile weather seals are also fitted to the louvre blade edges and sides to minimise heat loss.
The roof Opensky has been tested to BS EN 12101 – Part 2: 2003: Specification for natural and heat exhaust ventilators. When closed the ventilator is weatherproof and is tested to BS 5368 Parts 1 & 2.