Skyvent is an eye-catching, high quality single and twin flap ventilator designed for both smoke and natural ventilation requirements. Its low profile design offers the ideal solution for modern industrial and commercial buildings. The unit features extremely low air permeability which is a significant help when designing systems to meet the challenging air leakage rates detailed in Building Regulations.
The Skyvent It is available as a single or twin flap ventilator.
- Tested for a use as a smoke ventilator to BS 7346 Part 1: 1990
- Energy efficient & low power usage
- Very low air leakage when closed
- Insulated options can attain U-values as low as 0.17W/m2/oK
- High quality aluminium extrusions provide a robust and durable construction
- Weatherproof when closed as tested to BS 5368 Parts 1 & 2
- Optional aluminium (single skins & insulated), polycarbonate or glazed lids
- Polyester powder paint finish to any standard BS or RAL colour
- Full range of accessories available, including birdguards, security guards & insect mesh
- Versatile Installation on to upstands, roof sheeting and into glazing systems
The Skyvent is suitable for fixing in a wide variety of applications. The ventilator is supplied in two parts to facilitate easy installation on site, the base assembly and louvre box assembly. The base types and applications are as follows:
• Turndown Base - mounting onto weathered roof upstand
• Flat Base - mounting directly onto roof sheeting
• Glazing Base - integrating into glazing systems
Single flap Skyvents can be supplied with the operation located in the cill of the vent and with no centre section-making it ideal for use as an access hatch.
The Skyvent can be supplied with both insulated flaps and an insulated body to assist in ensuring the building is adequately insulated and where u-values are important
The Skyvent has been tested to BS 7346 – Part 1: 1990: Specification for natural and heat exhaust ventilators. When closed the ventilator is weatherproof and is tested to BS 5368 Parts 1 & 2.