Opensky is a highly-efficient, attractive, low profile louvred smoke and natural ventilator which has been specifically designed for both smoke and heat exhaust and natural ventilation applications. Opensky can be roof or wall mounted for exhaust or air inlet. The system offers effective fire safety with units tested for use as smoke ventilators to BS EN 12101-2. The roof Opensky can also be supplied with a hinged base which can be ultilised as an access hatch.
- High efficiency - aerodynamically tested to BS EN 12101-2:2003
- Weatherproof - its resistance to air leakage and rainwater is tested to BS 5368 and BS 6375
- Reliability - life cycle tested to class RE1000 under BS EN 12101-2: 2002
- Durability - tested to withstand wind loads of class WL1500 and snow loads of up to class SL500 under BS EN 12101-2:2003
- Controls - a wide range of control options are available
- Installation - can be fitted into any roof or glazed construction
Opensky is suitable for fixing in a wide variety of applications. The ventilator is supplied in two parts to facilitate easy installation on site, the base assembly and louvre box assembly. The base types and applications are as follows:
Turndown Base - mounting onto weathered roof upstand
Flat Base - mounting directly onto roof sheeting
Glazing Base - integrating into glazing systems
The roof Opensky can be supplied with both insulated louvre blades and an insulated body to assist in ensuring the building is adequately insulated. Also the Opensky can be manufactured with polycarbonate blades. Translucent polycarbonate louvre blades provide excellent daylighting using a durable UV stabilised material. When closed it can provide an average diffused light transmission in excess of 80%, enabling savings on artificial lighting. Pile weather seals are also fitted to the louvre blade edges and sides to minimise heat loss.
The roof Opensky has been tested to BS EN 12101 – Part 2: 2003: Specification for natural and heat exhaust ventilators. When closed the ventilator is weatherproof and is tested to BS 5368 Parts 1 & 2