We would like to welcome Ben Crompton to the Powrmatic Ilminster site, we are excited to see what he is going to bring to our design office team!
“I’m a junior design engineer and I will be contributing to projects and design changes through CAD modelling, wiring diagrams and creating BOMs.”
We asked Ben to answer some questions about himself to help us and you get to know him:
- Why did you decide to join Powrmatic?
‘I wanted to start a career in engineering and it seems like the perfect place to start, plus good and flexible hours.’
- Before working at Powrmatic, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
‘Most unusual would have to be either yacht cleaning in Perth, Australia or fruit tree pruning (avocados, macadamia nuts) during farm work in rural Australia.’
- How do you have your cup of tea/coffee?
‘Bit of milk, no sugar for both. Dead easy.’
- If you could pick a new skill in an instant what would it be?
- How would you describe your job to a child?
‘I draw lines on a computer, connect them up and make boxes out of them.’
- What are you passionate about outside of work?
‘Music and football’
- What are you currently watching on Netflix?
‘F is for Family’
- Choose a movie title for the story of your life so far?
‘Round the World and Back Again: The Ginger Version’
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
‘Skydive, see the Northern Lights, go to South America’
- What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
‘I can play the cornet (small trumpet). Bit rusty though as I haven’t played it since I was 18!’
“Ben joins us at a great time for the Design Office at Powrmatic, we are continually improving our procedures, output and quality. He brings a good skill set to the existing team that will grow with us and ultimately help him develop as a Design Engineer”