Do you have a keen interest in both manufacturing and engineering? Are you self-motivated with a willingness to progress? If the answers are ‘YES’, by securing this Apprenticeship you will earn while you study and achieve nationally recognised qualifications, which will provide you with an excellent foundation for your future.
Through work experience, studying, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational) the successful candidates will complete a course of study and obtain work related professional qualifications ensuring ability to carry out the role of Production Operative competently and effectively within a pre-determined time frame In partnership with Yeovil College:
Principle Tasks and Responsibilities;
- To undertake a range of tasks suited to the current level of training and development
- To attend college and complete course work on time and to a high standard
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To attend and fully participate in regular training and development reviews
- To assist & liaise with Managers/Supervisors on relevant production works
- To understand and comply with Company Policies and Procedures
- To comply with all Health & Safety requirements
- To take on additional responsibility in Years 2/3 of the Apprenticeship
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Milling and turning
Requirements and prospects
- A high maths grade would be highly beneficial
- Computer literate
- Ability to get on well with others
- Self-motivated to work on your own and also as part of a team
In order to optimise success, candidates will typically have 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including mathematics, English and a Science. If you have taken maths on the higher paper it would be beneficial.
Powrmatic are a forward-thinking company who are looking to develop and grow their workforce through Apprenticeships. Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship, there is further advancement opportunity to progress onto a HNC or HND.
Things to consider
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applicants have been received. NOTE: Prior to your application being forwarded to the employer, you must attend an initial interview with Yeovil College. This will be arranged by an invitation from the College. This is not an interview for the job.
To find out more and to apply, e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Yeovil College